To provide educational - medical assistance, organize health awareness programmes, celebrate festivals and special days with orphans, destitute and differently - abled children, render timely help and relief during disaster / crisis, and mobilize like-minded people to build a socially conscious, selfless society.
To create awareness and build a socially conscious, selfless society, helping people in distress, poverty and during crisis.
"Channeling the goodwill of communities & Bringing hope to people in need"
Who we are?
Channeling the goodwill of communities: Very often, people of a community want to help those in need, but do not know how they can contribute, or don’t have the free time to make a significant individual contribution. At Udhavum Ullangal, we channel the goodwill of community members, organizing and coordinating contributions, so as to effectively bring help to people in need.
Bringing hope to people in need: So, at heart, we are a collection of ordinary people who want to help those in need. Yet, that simple goal makes us so much more.
We have become a united team of volunteers who are drawn towards the pressing needs of the underprivileged, the distressed, the sick, and the differently-abled. These disadvantaged individuals can have no hope for the future unless their communities find within themselves the determination to help.
Udhavum Ullangal’s Achievements
- Constructed a School Building at a cost of Rs.17, 00,000/- in a remote village -Keezhakundalapadi near Chidambaram with the support of Accenture.
- Constructed Toilets and infrastructure facilities for many schools.
- Smart Classroom, a method of learning through audio visual technology, provided in Viswa Vidyalaya School near Vandalur at a cost of Rs. 10.2 lakhs.
- Educational assistance to the tune of Rs. 10 lakhs every year to the children of Visually-impaired, Disabled, Widow, deserted women and poor.
- Nourishment to 500 School children by providing milk and tiffen.
- Mentorship programme to keep the focus on students in education through constant monitoring by our volunteers.
- Continuing Medical Education programme on Cancer prevention and Management in South in coordination with Dept. of Public Health, Govt. of Tamilnadu, every year.
- Supply of Monthly Provisions worth Rs. 450/- to 125 families of Leprosy affected persons and visually-impaired throughout Tamil Nadu since 2008.
- Yoga, Spoken English, Computer Classes and Summer Classes to Less Fortunate Children of Adi Dravida School and Government Girls High School, T Nagar
- Cancer Awareness and Screening Camp in association with Cancer Institute , Adyar, Blindness control Camp for School Children in coordination with Sankara Nethralaya.
- Started Skill Development Project at Nanmangalam in which 60 Students are learning Computer,Tailoring and Beautician course with the support of Accenture.
- Financial support for constructing 7 class rooms to Swami Vivekanandha Community College at Pondicherry to the tune of 48 lakhs.
- We have joined hands with the Collectorate of Virudhunagar District to support the Education of Child Labour and Underprivileged Children, who are studying in NCLP Schools and other Regular Schools.
- Constructed a Computer Lab with three computers to a rural School at Madhanam near Chidambaram
Monthly provisions to 140families of Leprosy affected persons and Blind throughout Tamilnadu.
Udhavum Ullangal is a Charity Aid Foundation, New Delhi validated NGO