Skill Development Center
- Enhancing the skills and capabilities of the women
- Employment generation and livelihood improvement.
- Financing the productive projects of the physically challenged women.
Udhavum Ullangal started Skill Development Center in 2010 with the support of Accenture and CAF. So far trained 1160 women in Computer, Tailoring and Beautician in 3 centers. We showed the way for them to generate income and 70% of them started earning from home or employed. The training includes value added classes i.e. cancer awareness, screening, Eye camp, Dental camp
- Soft toys, clay toys
- Jewelry making
- Jute bags, Door mats out of waste clothes
- Wire bags, sweaters
- Hand embroidery, Aari work,
- Saree painting, patch work, stone work
- Counseling, cancer awareness & screening
- Spoken English & Mock interviews by Accenture Employees
- Arranging regular stalls to exhibit products at Accenture & other corporate.
- All our Faculty are from our students only.
A WAY TO DEVELOP………..
Skill Development Training Centre is a project for the development of people living in rural areas under the concept Skill to succeed, a joint venture of CAF India and Udhavum Ullangal. Which was initiated on 13th December, 2010 at the location 2/110, Kannapar Street, Crompet Salai, Nanmangalam, Kovilambakkam, Chennai-117, and one more in Hasthinapuram was initiated on 3rd May 2012.
In Our Skill Development Centre we train the ladies with the following courses,
Computer, Beautician, Tailoring and Home Nursing
In addition we train them in spoken English, TNPC Exams and Value added classes once in a week.
We have trained 180 students in Tailoring and 56 in basic and advance Computer & DTP and 31 in Beautician course till date.
Udhavum Ullangal with the support of IOB, Gandhi Nagar Branch, arranged for bank loan to the tune of Rs 15000/- each to upgrade their livelihood by opening a Beauty parlor, Tailoring Centre to an extend of Rs 7,17,000/- to 42 members. Thanks to IOB Bank, Gandhi Nagar.